The Family Research Initiative is inviting a number of nationally prominent family scholars to MSU.
The next Speaker Series will be in fall/spring, 2007-2008.
- Margaret B. Spencer -- Transitioning Boyhood into Manhood: Unpacking the Experience of Vulnerability for African American Youth (April 24, 2007)
- Heather B. Weiss -- Building the Knowledge Base for Complementary Learning and Putting It into Play: Provocative Issues and Ideas (April 19, 2007)
- Shelley M. MacDermid -- Lessons about Work and Family from Families Serving in the U.S. Military (March 16, 2007)
- Ronald D. Taylor -- Economic Resources, Family Relations and Psychological Adjustment among Low Income African-American Families (February 8, 2007)
- Stephanie Coontz -- The Marriage Revolution (March 23, 2006)
- Pamela A. Monroe -- Interdisciplinary Scholarship in Family Studies: Just Do It! (March 16, 2006)
- Marta Tienda -- The Hispanic Generational Transition: Demographic Dividend or Economic Bust? (February 10, 2006)
- Randal D. Day -- Using Family Process Measures in the National Longitudinal Survey of Youth 1997: Fathering and Youth Outcomes Over Time (January 17, 2006)
- Barbara L. Schneider -- Being Together Working Apart: Dual-Career Families and the Work-Life Balance (December 6, 2005)
- Daniel T. Lichter -- Promoting Marriage and Healthy Families: Can Government Play a Role? (November 15, 2005)